Click here to get information on Police Clearance Certificate from Asian Countries
Welcome to Best Fingerprint Services in India
Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from Rhode Island »
Information for Police Clearance Certificate
The Special Analytic department, Bureau of Criminal Identification (“BCI”) administers a register of criminal records and police records data. Rhode Island Background Check or Police Clearance Certificate is an official document that is issued by the Office of the Attorney, Rhode Island. The Rhode Island, Background Check is maintained at the Special Analytic department Bureau of Criminal Identification, to enumerate any criminal records that the applicant may or may not have. You will have to write a letter to Rhode Island Office of the Attorney General, Bureau of Criminal Identification (“BCI”) stating that you require a PCC and that you are authorizing our organization to collect it on your behalf. All BCI records are confidential law enforcement documents. However, these records may be released according to state and federal statute for specified purposes. These certificates must be valid at the time of issuance of the visa or other immigration permit. The Bureau of Criminal Identification (“BCI”) only, certifying that the applicant has never partaken in any criminal activity that led to the involvement of the State Rhode Island Police authorities, and is also required when a person applies for an immigration status to other countries. Person applying for Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) are required to state the period of stay in Rhode Island. Documentary proof of stay is to be provided. Applicants that have lived in Rhode Island for more than 6 months at any time should obtain a Police Clearance Certificate.
Procedure of Getting Police Clearance Certificate
The applicant should furnish his or her full name, date and place of birth, and place and period of all residences in the Rhode Island, including full addresses. Applicant must apply with Completed Application Form (Personal Particular) provided by our Organization for Police Clearance Certificate. The State Rhode Island, Bureau of Criminal Identification (“BCI”) Authorities will not issue the certificates to applicants not in possession of dependent pass/work permit. The Bureau of Criminal Identification authorities would requires a letter that proofs you have been lived in Rhode Island; such period as claimed. The Rhode Island Office of the Attorney General, Bureau of Criminal Identification takes 3 to 4 weeks to process the application if no criminal record found. The certificate will be posted to the forwarding address as indicated by the applicants in the application.
Documents required for Police Clearance Certificate
- A letter explaining the purpose for which the police clearance certificate is required.
- Fully completed application form (Personal Particular).
- A valid document showing your work permit or dependent pass of the applicant.
- Copy of State Rhode Island Identification Card.(if any)
- A copy of your passport, driving license or similar for identification purposes.
- A set of applicant’s fingerprint impressions (ten prints). The applicant must submit a set of his/her fingerprint impressions duly attested by our organisation.
- A detailed covering letter stating the period of stay in Rhode Island and need for the said certificate.(including details addresses of State Rhode Island where you resided)
- Copy of all passport pages (old and current passport), with copies of the first three of the data pages of his/her passport as well as the pages containing Rhode Island visas, entry and departure stamps.
We will give the original Police Clearance Certificate within 2 to 3 weeks. (The processing time will increases if a person was ever charged by the police)
Police Certificate Issuing Authority
State of Rhode Island
Police Clearance Certificate Check-list
2443, Basement, Hudson Line,
Address of Embassy in India