A Police Clearance Certificate or Police Record is issued by the Criminal Record Office, Central Police Station, Nukualofa, Tonga . In Tonga, the criminal record information is maintained at the Central Police Station, Criminal Record Office, Tonga Police Force. Criminal Record Certifying that the applicant has never partaken in any criminal activity that led to the involvement of the (Tonga Police Force) and is also required when a person applies for an immigration status to other countries. Person applying for Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) are required to state the period of stay in Tonga. Documentary proof of stay is to be provided. First Entry and Last Exit date STAMP is also required. All pages of VISA (Colour Copy).It is issued to any individual who reside more than 6 months in Tonga.
Procedure of Getting Clearance Certificate
In order to obtain a police clearance certificate from Tonga, applicant should write an application letter explaining why police certificate is being requested. Documentary prove of legal stay in Tonga is also required for this process. If you assign our Organization to apply on your behalf, you must submit a valid power of attorney with your signature included on the application form. You have to fill the prescribed application form in all sections completed in BLOCK CAPITALS with black ink provided by our organisation. Obtained a complete set of 10 fingerprint impressions* taken by a qualified fingerprint officer at our lab. The original of the fingerprints must be posted with your completed application form. The current processing time is 20 days for PCC. The certificates will be posted to the forwarding address as indicated by the applicants in the application.
Documents required for PCC
- Attested photocopies of your passports (All Pages) either by our Organization or Notary Public of the Current Passport and passport which you used while you were in Tonga.(must be certify as true copy)
- Certified copy of your work Permit/Appointment Letter/Dependent Pass etc.
- Fingerprint impressions of both hands is duly attested by our organization on a prescribed fingerprint form
- A detailed self-explanatory letter stating the period of stay in Tonga and need for the said certificate
- Description form (Personal Particular) attested by our organization
- Copy of Tonga Identity Card. (if any)
We will give the original certificate within 15-20 working days under normal mode of processing. (The processing time will increases if a person was ever charged by the police)
Applicable Fee with processing Charges.
Payment is non-refundable once the application is processed.
Police Certificate Issuing Authority
Criminal Record Office
Ministry of Police
Central Police Station
P. O. Box 8
Address of Embassy in India
Check-list of Documents
Before leaving our office please ensure that documents in order-
- Fully Completed application Form
- Fingerprint Form duly attested by our lab (or similar fingerprint form)
- Passport size Photograph
- Certified copies of two identification documents
- Documentary proof of legal stay in Tonga
- Application processing fees